Sunday, September 26, 2010

A post by the numbers.



First, the number 2. Today I'm 13 weeks pregnant (according to the doctor), so we're officially going to say I'm in trimester number 2. If you ever want to make your husband panic, announce you're in your second trimester and then remind him that means you're already 1/3 of the way to birthing a baby.

As far as sickness/nausea/imminent emesis (my new favorite phrase), I'm feeling a lot better. I was definitely very blessed in the nausea department. I just feel a little sickly when I don't eat. I definitely tend to be stubborn and say to myself, "But I don't feel like eating now. Maybe I'll feel like it later." LIES. LIES, I tell you. I'm trying to be better about finding food right when I need it. Which I should probably be doing right about now.




Second of all, the number 4. I finally joined the ranks of iPhone users today. I came home, rushed joyfully up the stairs to sync all my iTunes music, and was greeted promptly by an error message informing me my Mac operating system was too old.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Oh well, we've needed to add some memory and upgrade my computer for a while for school purposes. We've just been putting it off. My sweet husband ordered the necessary components for my computer and I should have it by the end of the week. In the meantime, if you have an iPhone, won't you please play "Words With Friends" with me? My username is jgreiving.

And finally, speaking of husbands: We'd sure appreciate your prayers that Ben will be able to find a good job with health benefits. He is working very very hard at two different jobs right now - something I really and truly appreciate. But I sure would like to be able to see him once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. The one time I actually threw up with either of my pregnancies was when I spent ALL DAY saying, I don't feel like eating now, maybe I'll feel like it later" ... and later never came ... until finally, at 2 am, I had a cup of yogurt.

    FYI, yogurt is a poor choice when you haven't eaten all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - yogurt was definitely one of my Waterloos. Organic yogurt is fine, but I tried to eat some regular old Yoplait...apparently Skeletor has expensive tastes.

    ReplyDelete